Senior Platform Engineer
- Ref: OCP02-1
Role: Senior Platform Engineer
Salary: £45,000 per annum + benefits
Job Location: Chorley/Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to monitor, analyse, and maintain the hardware and software in Elite’s datacentres and our Cloud platforms.
From implementing projects and working with other technical teams to continuously develop our datacentre and cloud estate, you will also take a proactive role in ensuring systems are actively monitored, secured, updated, delivered on time, and run to the correct specification.
We Are Elite
This is a brilliant time to join an actively growing IT & Telecoms business with a company culture that supports and encourages you to reach your full potential.
The Role – Senior Platform Engineer
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to join our Platform Team.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
Role Responsibilities include:
- To ensure platform software and hardware, both datacentre and cloud, is monitored, reliable, secure, and up to date.
- To provide analysis & implementation of IT hosted solutions, including server virtualisation, SAN storage, data backup, business continuity, security, and disaster recovery systems.
- Liaising internally and with 3rd party organisations for vendor-based support where appropriate.
- Provide proactive support duties for the hosted platform including participating in an on-call rota for 24/7 support.
- Track change, growth, and usage across the platform.
- Assist customer facing support and consultancy teams.
- Liaise with other teams within Elite who rely on the hosted and cloud platforms to provide their customer facing services.
- Actively build relationships with platform suppliers to understand their product development roadmaps, thus ensuring that Elite’s platform continues to grow and develop with our suppliers.
- Review platform products and services to ensure they adapt to market and customer requirements.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining clear and precise technical documentation for hosted platform solutions.
- Positively contribute to the successful completion of customer projects which rely on datacentre and cloud platforms by working closely with consultancy and project teams.
- Ensure departmental documents and processes are followed in line with the Company’s ISO standards.
- Excellent understanding of complex IT infrastructure solutions, including LAN networks, Server hardware, HPE SAN storage, data backup systems and the Microsoft server stack etc.
- Considerable experience installing and maintaining VMware/Hyper-V server virtualisation solutions and Veeam backup solutions.
- Excellent understanding and experience of network security, segregation, firewalls, and encryption.
- Experience of architecting, deploying, administering, and migrating between major versions of the Microsoft server stack of software, e.g., Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL Server,Exchange Server etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience of working in a high-pressure
- IT support environment
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise workload.
- Ability to write relevant and accurate reports.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and constantly improve.
- Excellent problem solving and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum of CCNA-level network skills.
- A Microsoft Stack Qualification, VMware VCP, Veeam VMCE, HPE ASE (or equivalent), which will also help the business maintain the appropriate vendor certifications.
- Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Azure services.
- WAN networking (including QOS, OSPF, HSRP, BGP, VRF, MPLS etc.).
- CCNP-level network skills
So, what’s in it for you?
We want you to succeed, so it is important for us to invest in celebrating your successes and rewarding your hard work.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Hybrid working*
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Employee loyalty rewards
- Company-wide pension
- Accredited Investors in People organisation
- Plenty of social opportunities - our staff events are big and bold!
- Plenty of scope for progression and opportunities for training – technical and management
- Achievement celebrations & rewards
- We are consistently adapting our approach to enable a better work/life balance for our team
- Medical schemes and cycle-to-work initiatives
- Mental wellbeing is just as important as physical health, which is why we have specially trained Mental Health First Aiders and Responders on hand to help our staff with any concerns
- Check out our careers hub for more info on our benefits!
Now you know about the role, you probably want to know who you are going to be working for, right?
Elite Group helps businesses become more technologically agile, enhance workforce productivity, and enrich the service they provide to their customers.
Our service is built on collaboration, creativity, change, and drive – it’s what makes us Elite. Our values allow us to nurture a supportive company culture and retain a dedicated workforce through building trust, staying humble, valuing our team’s hard work and empowering each other to do our best.
Are you ready to join Team Elite?
If you think your skills fit the bill and Elite Group sounds like the right working environment for you, then we would love to meet you!
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for showing an interest in joining Team Elite.
IT Platform Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer.
Senior Platform Engineer
£45k per year
1 month ago